Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Tarte Cosmetics: Battle of the Camera, Lights mascaras


Today I have a battle between two Tarte Cosmetic mascaras: Lights, Camera, Lashes! (reviewed here) and Lights, Camera, Flashes! (reviewed here).

Lights, Camera, Lashes! is a mascara that has been around for several years. This was my favorite one. I was a little reluctant to try the new Lights, Camera, Flashes when it first came out last year, but it was in a gift set so I got to try it out. 

What are they? Read below to find out. (descriptions taken from tartecosmetics.com)

Lights, Camera, Lashes 
Our lights, camera, lashes™ 4-in-1 mascara could be considered a push-up bra for your lashes—a 4-in-1 (lengthening, curling, volumizing, and conditioning) plus it’s dermatologist- and clinically-proven to increase the appearance of lash volume. 

Lights, Camera, Flashes
Take your sultry, flashy lashes to the extreme with this amped up, ultra-black mascara that lengthens, curls and magnifies lashes for an intensified look proven to increase lash volume by 752% instantly! Powered by tarte’s proprietary triple black complex, this longwear, vitamin-infused formula emphasizes length and volume while conditioning lashes for a dramatic look that won’t dry out, flake or budge.

Packaging and Brushes:
L-R: Lights, Camera, Flashes.....Lights, Camera, Lashes
The Lights, Camera, Lashes comes in a purple tube and the brush has "natural" bristles, where as the Lights, Camera, Flashes comes in a gold tube and the brush is made out of plastic. (The products above are deluxe samples, but the color packaging and brushes are the same in both deluxe sample and full size.)

The Lights, Camera, Lashes retails for $19 for 0.24 fl oz., and the Lights, Camera, Flashes retails for $23 for 0.31 fl oz. Tarte is only found in the USA.

See below for results:
No mascara
With two coats:
L-R: Lights, Camera, Lashes....Lights, Camera, Flashes
Formula
The Lights, Camera, Lashes formula is on the drier side and I have noticed that it does tend to flake a little bit throughout the day. On the other hand, Lights, Camera, Flashes is a bit more wet, but dries fairly quickly and does not flake, (if anything, maybe just a little bit but barely noticeable).

Overall, both are nice mascaras, but I find I now prefer Lights, Camera, Flashes. It creates a fuller and longer lash look, whereas the Lights, Camera, Lashes is more natural. I tend to like fuller lashes as mine are pretty thin and invisible. I like when my lashes pop out and don't make my eyes look bald (if you know what I mean! haha). 

Have you tried Tarte mascaras? How do you like them?

 photo withlove_zpsa29dab2d.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments! So please feel free to leave me one. Thanks for stopping by my blog <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...