Saturday, July 27, 2013

Strawberry Passion!

If there is one thing  you should know about me, is that I love strawberries! They are easily my favorite fruit to eat and to smell. 
It was only a few years ago that I started to like them. I was at a strawberry field and we were able to pick them. It was there that I smelt the delicious, sweet, sun-ripened strawberry and fell in love.
Since I like strawberries so much, I decided to do some research and see what the symbolism is for them. I found out that strawberries have been a symbol for purity, humility, and modesty. They also symbolize love, happiness, and success. 
Because a strawberry is often shaped like a heart, it makes it a love symbol. Also, the green leaves can symbolize eternity, or eternal, so the strawberry can also be the symbol of an eternal love. WOW! I love them even more now (haha).
This year, I actually wanted to find products that had a strawberry scent. There are so many products on the market that say "strawberry" but smell so fake and artificial. That was NOT what I wanted, and am completely turned off by it.
The above image is what I have found that has the sweet, strawberry scent.
The Body Shop Strawberry Body Butter
This body butter was my first Body Shop purchase, but I had it in the small jar. I liked it so much that I bought the full size which is $20 for 6.9 oz. I bought it when it was part of a special going on. This body butter provides 24 hour hydration and is great for normal to dry skin. I usually apply my moisturizers before I go to bed and I wake up with hydrated skin. It has shea butter and a sweet strawberry scent.
The Body Shop Strawberry Body Mist
Since I loved the scent, I went for the body mist. It is $12 for 3.3 fl oz. It contains strawberry extract and is in a glass bottle. What I love about it is that it is light and fresh with a gentle burst of sweet fruitiness.
The Body Shop Strawberry Shower Gel
I wasn't sure about getting this, but I heard many good things about the Body Shop shower gels. It has real strawberry seed oil and the scent is not too overpowering. So if you want the scent to linger on  you all day, you may want to use the shower gel, body mist, and the body butter combined. It has a nice lather and is soap free which is good for the skin as soap tends to dry it out.
True Blue Spa Nourishing Body Bar (Strawberry Banana)
I know this is not a purely strawberry scent, but it is fun to mix it up sometimes! True Blue Spa is found at Bath and Body Works. This bar is $7 for 7 oz. Usually, BBW has a buy 2 get 1 free special going on. If you are lucky enough,  you can find it buy 2 get 2 free! This bar smooths, softens, and cleanses skin while replenishing vital nutrients with vitamin rich strawberry and banana extracts. It also has glycerin which attracts moisture to the skin. The bar lathers amazingly and is very rich feeling.
Bath & Body Works Anti-Bacterial Gentle Foaming Hand Soap (Strawberry Hibiscus)
I love these foam hand soaps from BBW. They last for a long while when you use just one pump. For only one, it is $5.50 for 8.75 oz, but the ongoing promotion is 4 for $15, 6 for $20, OR 5 for $15, 7 for $20, depending on the day. The strawberry is also mixed with a hibiscus flower scent, but it is still good. The soap has honey, coconut milk, and olive fruit extracts that help nourish and soften skin. Also, mango fruit extracts leave hands gently cleansed and conditioned.
Bath & Body Works Small Candle (Strawberry Picnic)
These are the BEST candles I have ever tried. For 4 oz, it is $10. There is also a 14.5 oz candle for $20 that is often on special with the 2 for $22 which is an amazing deal. I'm going to be honest...the first time I smelt this candle, I did not like it and thought it to be very sweet like vanilla frosting. However, I smelled it burning in the store and although it is still sweet, it is delicious! Almost like a strawberry shortcake. So I bought it! The notes in this candle are red, ripe summer strawberries, wild raspberries and sweet buttercream frosting. The candle has vegetable wax, has a lead free wick, and is made with the highest concentration of fragrance oils. Best part is, it has a moderate to high throw!
Smith's Strawberry Lip Balm
I have a rose salve lip balm but when I saw that there is a strawberry one, I jumped on that idea. I bought it at Sephora for $7, and comes with 0.8 oz of product. It is made by the Rosebud Perfume Co. and is in a cute vintage-styled tin. It moisturizes my lips well, but don't think it is amazing. But it is light weight, which I prefer having on my lips anyways.
Skintimate SignatureScents Moisturizing Shave Gel (Strawberry Tangerine Twist)
I usually buy the men's cheap shaving cream which works good. Yet, I wanted to try women's shaving gel and saw the strawberry tangerine one! I'm not a fan of tangerines, but it really does make this shaving gel really good. I bought mine at Walmart for about $3, and you get 7 oz of product. It has olive butter, vitamins, and antioxidants that give skin moisture. The light pink gel transforms into a rich white foam when lathered. After shaving, skin feels soft, smooth and moisturized.

What are some of your favorite strawberry products?

 photo SimpleCharm_zpsbba83c0f.jpg

3 comments:

  1. I love the body shop butters, they all smell incredible! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yees, I have the strawberry body butter and the perfume :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love strawberry smelling things! The Body Shop Strawberry Body Butter is amazing xx

    jasminecara.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments! So please feel free to leave me one. Thanks for stopping by my blog <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...