Monday, September 30, 2013

Battle of the Hair Treatments

Since dying my hair blonde, it has been very dry and has split ends! I'm trying to do everything possible for my hair to feel healthy again: soft, non frizzy, and manageable. 

Macadamia Deep Repair Masque
Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque is a hair reconstructor that will penetrate and rebuild damaged hair for improved shine and elasticity.
This has been such a hype among the beauty community; many people loved it, while others saw no difference.
Before making a commitment to buying the full size (which quite frankly is expensive), I got the mini pack to test it out. The pack lasted me about 4-5 uses, which is pretty good. 
After shampooing my hair, I used this instead of my conditioner and left it on for 7 minutes. Once I rinsed and dried my hair, it felt soft and manageable. Definitely deep conditioned.
This masque is $33 for 8.5oz.
Verdict: I WILL purchase!

Living Proof Restore Mask Treatment
An intensive weekly treatment that nourishes each strand, increasing strength and manageability, leaving hair soft, shiny and smooth.
I got this as a Sephora 500 point perk. After shampooing, I also applied the treatment and left it on for 7 minutes. After rinsing and drying my hair, I felt no difference whatsoever. It felt the same as before, a bit on the dry side. I will use up the sample, but will not repurchase. 
This one is the most expensive of the bunch: $42 for 8 oz.

Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment
A rich, velvety balm that dramatically helps repair damaged hair.
This hair treatment is suppose to help repair damaged hair, but it did nothing as well. It starts off in a solid like consistency,  but when you warm it between your hands, it turns into an oil.
For this one, I applied it before washing my hair and let it set for 20 minutes. As I said earlier, it did nothing. Plus, this stuff smells disgusting. Pretty much, I smelled like a smoker, and that was not very pleasant. 
This one is $33 for 3.1oz, which in all honesty comes out more expensive per ounce. You get a lot less product for the price.

Ojon Damage Reverse Restorative Hair Treatment Plus
Ojon's cult-classic restorative treatment reformulated with a new lighter scent and fortified with Rouge Oleifera
This stuff is suppose to be better at repairing damage, but the results were the same as its sister, the Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment. It does smell better, which is a plus, but the performance is also lacking in this treatment. 
It also is $33 for 3.1oz. 

Final decision, I definitely want to get the Macadamia Oil Deep Masque Repair, and try the oil also. 

What are some of your favorite hair masques/treatments that help with your hair?
 photo SimpleCharm_zpsbba83c0f.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Have wanted to check out the macadamia nut hair mask for a while. My sister is trying out the shampoo and conditioner and said it's fabulous so I'm definitely gonna keep my eyes out for this one. Great review!

    xxoo Sarah

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments! So please feel free to leave me one. Thanks for stopping by my blog <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...