Wednesday, October 2, 2013

YSL | Volume Effet Faux Cils Shocking Mascara

"Exaggerate your lashes with shocking volume from every angle!" This phrase right here is what pushed me to get this mascara. I had heard great things about it and went out to try it.
Yves Saint Laurent Volume Effet Faux Cils Shocking
First thing that drew me in was the packaging. The tube of the mascara is the most beautiful I have ever seen! A gold packaging with the name of the mascara nicely written is gorgeous.


The brush is bristled with a helical shape. The wand/brush can get a little bit clumpy and have excess product on it, but I just wipe if off, back into the mascara opening. 

The first few times I used it, my lashes got very clumpy because the formula was very wet. After some uses, it got a bit drier and the formula was better, therefore less clumps were seen.


YSL Shocking mascara provided me with good volume although the lengthening property was just average. Throughout the day, I did notice some of the mascara flaking off, but it was minimal.


YSL Volume Effet Faux Cils Shocking mascara retails for $30, which is VERY pricy for a mascara. I did not find this mascara to be amazing though. I may love the packaging, but the result I was expecting was not there. I was expecting long, thick, luscious lashes. Unfortunately it was a product that was very hyped up, yet did not get the thumbs up from me. I'm not saying it is bad, because it isn't...it just didn't live up to what I thought it would be.

 photo SimpleCharm_zpsbba83c0f.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Great review! It's good to know that higher price doesn't always mean good mascara! Also, you have lovely eyes woman!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments! So please feel free to leave me one. Thanks for stopping by my blog <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...