Friday, February 15, 2013

Korres Lip Butters

Hello ladies! Hope you had a great Valentine's Day! Whether you spent it with a significant other, friends, or by yourself, just know that you are loved by someone! 

Korres Lip Butters are a rich, buttery lip balm that melts on the lips and offers a shiny, tinted finish. Shiny and tinted certainly describe these lip butters! They have shea butter and rice wax that help provide hydration and smooth lips. These lip butters are $12.00 on Korres or Sephora and they offer 7 different tinted shades. The ones I have are Jasmine, Pomegranate, Quince, and Wild Rose. They smell great and give a nice wash of color on the lips, which is perfect for a casual day! The only one I paid full price for was Quince, but the other three were in a set at Sephora for $20. I thought that was a great way to introduce myself to the lip butters because I got three full sized butters for the price of less than 2 of them. 


Jasmine is a sheer neutral pink. It provides a nudish color to my lips and delivers high shine. I personally don't use this one much when going out because I like having more color on my lips. However, I LOVE the smell of this one! I don't know how to describe it; I find it amazing!


Pomegranate is a sheer coral shade, and I think it brightens my lips and livens my face up whenever I wear this one. 



Quince is a sheer rose color. I find this one to be the prettiest. I think it is funny that they classify this one as a rose, when there is a Wild Rose shade. 


Wild Rose is a sheer deep red. This one is my least favorite one. I thought the color was going to be more like the cover, but it is more of a pinkish red, not at all deep red. However, it is more pigmented then the rest. Another reason I don't really like this one is the consistency. It is more "jelly" like, where as the others are more creamy. I don't know if that makes sense, but you would have to see it to know what I mean. 



Jasmin, Pomegranate, Quince, Wild Rose

Over all, I think these are great products! $12 is a bit pricy for a lip butter, but I think it is worth it. The packaging is cute and I love that it gives a nice sheer tint that hydrates as well!

5 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to try these, but never got around to it. Your swatches have me convinced for sure now. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! I'm so glad I could help =)

      Delete
  2. Great blog! Im a new follower, look forward to reading more posts

    Im a self-taught makeup artist and upcoming YouTuber with a beauty blog! I feature product reviews, my looks and how-tos, picture tutorials and so on..
    Would love for you to check it out and even follow if you like it?

    Xxx

    Love from Sanna’s beauty blog

    Like my page for more makeup madness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you really liked these! I've tried the jasmine one thinking it would smell like jasmine but it smells so much like caramel taffy which I really really don't like and the color looks too pasty on me! I wish I had gotten wild rose!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments! So please feel free to leave me one. Thanks for stopping by my blog <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...