Saturday, February 16, 2013

FOTD: Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation Review

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place claims to be a 15-hour staying power foundation that has a natural, semi-matte finish. The coverage is medium and is buildable, but I usually just do one layer. It is oil-free, dermatologist tested, non-acnegenic, and fragrance free. The foundation comes in a frosted glass 1.0 oz bottle, and is $36.00. 

***(This review is about the older formula.)***


The foundation I have lasts all day, has SPF 10, and is a medium coverage. I have not tested it out to see if the 15-hour is accurate, because I wash my face once I get home. Even if I was to go out again, I would redo my face with a new application of foundation. I have normal to oily skin, and my oil does start to break through as the hours go by. The foundation blends nicely and takes a little bit to set. 

The shade Ecru, is a drop too dark for me, but I bought this foundation at a time when my face was a lot darker from the summer months. So when I wear it, I have to wear some bronzer on my neck to match up the color. (I cannot STAND having my face a different color then my neck, even if it is just a drop different. It bothers me too much!)

Estee Lauder recently reformulated the foundation and added new shades, and since then, they have received lots of negative reception. People have complained that the formula changed, that the SPF was taken away, and so on. But others still find it to be a terrific foundation. I have used a mini sample of the new formulation, and found it to be okay. I personally like the older formula better. 

No makeup

EL foundation on left half of face

Face
-Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation in Ecru
-Maybelline Loose Powder
-Benefit Hoola
-Nars Lovejoy
Eyes
-CoverGirl Eye Enhancers Brown Smolder (for my eyebrows)
-Maybelline Great Lash Clear gel
-Maybelline Lash Stiletto mascara
Lips
-Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Charmed
-Too Faced Glamour Gloss in Sex Pot

Finished look

Pros
-Blends nicely
-Nice coverage
-Stays in place the hours I wear it
Cons
-A tad to dark
-Pricey

Would I repurchase? Maybe, because I want to find a cheaper foundation that still looks nice on my skin. However, if I don't find anything else I like, I would come back to this foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments! So please feel free to leave me one. Thanks for stopping by my blog <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...