Thursday, December 26, 2013

How To: Use a Votive as a Tart


I love my fragrances! This year in particular I have started buying a lot more candles. For Christmas, I got a cupcake tart warmer from Yankee Candle. I hadn't dabbled in the tart warmer idea since I had so many candles. Regardless, I gave it a shot and fell in love. 

I have plenty of votives hanging around in my candle drawer, and finally found a use for them: convert them into tarts! Now this idea came about after seeing a YouTube video about how they changed the votive into a tart. 

Interestingly enough, both tarts and votives at Yankee Candle are priced the same, $1.99, and sometimes on sale for $0.99. However, the tart is half the weighted amount of the votive. After discovering this technique I'm about to show you, I will happily purchase my votives over the tarts!

This is the traditional way of burning a votive, but not all the candle is used up as some gets stuck on the sides of the container. 

Here is a pictorial step by step on what needs to be done. Down below is a YouTube video I did on how to do it.

Enjoy!

 photo withlove_zpsa29dab2d.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments! So please feel free to leave me one. Thanks for stopping by my blog <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...