Friday, May 10, 2013

Smell So Good! | Perfume Haul

I love mini perfumes. I find them so adorable and interestingly enough, they do last me a while. If you saw in my birthday gifts post (click here), I received a Sephora Favorites The Captivators Fragrance Sampler, which included minis! 
Sephora The Captivators photo DSCN8404_zps608ea93b.jpg
Inside, it had Michael Kors Michael Kors, Versace Yellow Diamond, Dior Addict To Life, and Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy. Along with the four minis, there was a certificate that I could bring in to a Sephora store and exchange it for a full size of any one of the perfumes featured in the sampler! Needless to say, I was excited. I was looking for a new perfume and found this a great opportunity.
To choose the perfume, I went through their bios to find the perfect match.
Perfume Bios (Notes) Information from Sephora.com:
  1. Meet Michael Kors Michael Kors, sophisticated, sensual, and warm - Dewy Freesia, Tamarind, Chinese Osmanthus, Incense, Fresh Tuberose, White Wings Peony, Blue Orris, Arum Lilies, Cashmere Woods, Musk, Vetiver Haiti.
  2. Versace Yellow Diamond is surprising, radiant, and fascinating - Citron from Diamante, Pear Sorbet, Neroli, Bergamot, Nymphea, Freesia, Orange Blossom, Mimosa, Amber Wood, Palo Santo, Musk 
  3. Dior Addict To Life is confident, sweet, and intense - Jasmine, Lilac, Rose, White Musk
  4. Finally, Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy is tantalizing, teasing, and tempting - Wild Berries, Mandarins, Honeysuckle, Gardenia, Jasmine, Amber, Caramel, Vanilla, Sandalwood, Praline.
After smelling all of them, and trying each on me to see what worked best with my chemistry, I choose the tantalizing, teasing, and tempting: Viva La Juicy! What really drew me to this perfume was the berries, vanilla, and sandalwood. The perfume is sweet, but not disgustingly sweet that a preteen girl would love. It has a mature sophistication to it as well. Surprisingly, Viva La Juicy is not a perfume I would normally pick out for myself, but what the heck! I decided to be more open to scents. 
Viva La Juicy photo DSCN8434_zps22eb4f0b.jpg
The packaging is also so adorable!
Sephora had a special of Triple Points on your entire purchase when you purchase a fragrance. I needed to pick up a few things at Sephora so to get 3x points, I bought the Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh rollerball. 
Daisy Eau So Fresh photo DSCN8437_zps88da2820.jpg
I've had my eye on this perfume for a few months now. I just love the packaging since it is has pale pink flowers on it. The fragrance is also lovely--Natural Raspberry, Grapefruit, Pear, Violet, Wild Rose, Apple Blossom, Musks, Cedarwood, Plum. (There I go with the berries again!) It is fruity, but not summery. It has its hint of floral with rose, violet, and apple blossom in it. I did not buy the full size because I did not want to spend over $70 on perfume right now, and for some reason, I like the fragrance better in the rollerball then in the full size. Hmm.
And there you have it! New perfumes for the new year.

 photo SimpleCharm_zpsbba83c0f.jpg

2 comments:

  1. I went to Sephora yesterday and saw that sampler and I want it so badly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its really nice =) Plus I love that you can get a free certificate!

      Delete

I enjoy reading your comments! So please feel free to leave me one. Thanks for stopping by my blog <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...