Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Winter Nail Routine | Julep

 Hello Charmers! I was invited by Julep to share with you my "winterized" nail routine. I have all the steps written out below, but if you are more of a visual learner, I have a video for you to check out as well! Just keep scrolling down!

If you are unsure of what polishes to wear for the winter season, Julep has some very pretty trending nail polish options!

My Routine

Step 1: File or clip your nails to desired shape and length. I prefer having shorter nails during the winter months because I like to use darker nail polish. Darker polish looks best on shorter nails.

Step 2: Take care of your cuticles. To soften and remove excess cuticle, I like to use the Julep Vanish Cuticle Softener & Remover. It really does soften it up and make it easier to remove unwanted cuticles. I just apply a few drops on each nail bed, then take a cuticle pusher/orange stick to gently push them back.

Step 3: If needed, slightly trim any cuticles and hang nails. Then wash your hands thoroughly with soap.

Step 4: Use a base coat of your choice. I alternate between Orly Bonder and OPI Nail Envy, depending on the condition of my nails. If my nails are very frail and flimsy, I will use OPI Nail Envy, but if my nails are in normal shape, I use Orly Bonder.

Step 5: Paint nails with your choice of color. As I mentioned earlier, I enjoy wearing darker colors during winter months. Below I am wearing Julep Nic, which is a gorgeous black crimson creme polish.

Step 6: Finish your manicure with a top coat to seal in the color. I use Sally Hansen's Mega Shine top coat.

Step 7: Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! It is so important to love on your hands during these drier months. Find a good hand creme and use a cuticle oil to keep your hands and nail tips nourished and hydrated. I alternate between hand cremes, but I love using a cuticle oil as well. I bought my cuticle oil at Sally Beauty Supply.
Hope you enjoyed some of these tips! 
*This post was not sponsored. Everything was bought with my own money. All opinions are my own.*
 photo withlove_zpsa29dab2d.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Hey Des.
    Those coloors for winter season looks amazing. Love the dark ones....xx
    Nika's Beauty Land

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so pretty! And the darker ones are beautiful.

      Delete

I enjoy reading your comments! So please feel free to leave me one. Thanks for stopping by my blog <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...