Friday, December 26, 2014

Maybelline Spring 2015 Launches

Maybelline has new products coming soon for spring 2015 and I saw these at Bed, Bath, & Beyond and wanted to test them out! 
The new Fit Me Matte + Poreless line is for normal to oily skin types. I got the shade 110 Porcelain and it is the perfect match for my skin.

Maybelline Fit Me! Matte + Poreless Foundation
As I mentioned above, I bought the shade 110 Porcelain. I find that this foundation has light-medium coverage. I am still having issues finding the best way to apply this foundation. I've tried a brush, which results in streakyness and you have to really work it in. A Real Techniques sponge gives a very light coverage, almost as if nothing was on my face. I think the best way to apply is with fingertips, but I personally don't like doing that. I noticed that when I applied with the brush, it didn't fully blend into my skin. For instance, my cheeks are on the red side, and the brush just kept "removing" the foundation, so to speak, from the redness. 

At first, the foundation does have a matte finish and does set quickly. As far as longevity, the foundation lasts a good while, but I didn't notice my pores any smaller then they were before. My face did get oily after 5 hours.

Maybelline Fit Me! Matte + Poreless Powder
I purchased the shade 110 Porcelain and this powder has light coverage. It does mattify my face, but my face will begin to look greasy after a few hours. I wouldn't say this is a holy grail item for controlling oil. 

Maybelline Master Prime Blur + Smooth Primer
Maybelline has three new primers, but I purchased the Blur + Smooth primer. It applies like a lotion and keeps my face smooth. Not sure if it really blurs imperfections, but I like this primer. It keeps my makeup in place throughout the day.

Maybelline Master Conceal Concealer
I bought this in the shade Fair. This concealer is on the thick/drier side, but for that reason, it does a good job at concealing under eye circles and some redness. However, it doesn't fully conceal blemishes. Although it does good, I don't think I will be running to the store to buy this when it runs out.

L-R: 110 Porcelain Foundation, 110 Porcelain Powder, Fair Concealer

Maybelline Master Prime Blur + Smooth Primer

All in all, I wasn't too impressed with the new Spring 2015 collection launch. I had tried other drugstore foundations that did better at controlling my oil and keeping me matte throughout the day then this. So unfortunately, most of these products are a pass from me.

 photo withlove_zpsa29dab2d.jpg

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty excited that they did this line. I might try the powder and the concealer. It's a shame the foundation isn't that great! I haven't ever found a foundation that I love from Maybelline.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I'm not sure what it is about their foundations that they don't have a great one yet!

      Delete

I enjoy reading your comments! So please feel free to leave me one. Thanks for stopping by my blog <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...