Saturday, December 13, 2014

Too Faced Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar

Hello my Charmers! Today while browsing Sephora, I saw the new Too Faced Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar on display. Technically, its only available on Sephora.com for VIB/VIB Rouge, and will become available to everyone on December 15 and in stores in January, but they had already placed it out. It retails for $49 and comes with 16 matte and shimmer shades.
After observing both the original Chocolate Bar palette and the Semi-Sweet palette, I noticed that the shades from the Semi-Sweet palette seem more neutral and cool toned, whereas the original Chocolate Bar palette had warmer shades. However, the shades from Semi-Sweet appear to be richer and deeper then the original.
Another observation is that the names of the shadows are printed on the packaging. The original Chocolate Bar had it written on a clear plastic insert.
 The palette does have a scent. Although I wouldn't necessarily agree that it smells like true chocolate, it does have a sweet scent and is reminiscent of chocolate.
 Swatches
L-R: Licorice, Coconut Creme, Nougat, Truffled, Hot Fudge
L-R: Cocoa Chili, Pink Sugar, Puddin', Blueberry Swirl, Peanut Butter, Frosting
L-R: Rum Raisin, Mousse, Caramel, Bon Bon, Butter Pecan
 I love chocolate, and this may seem crazy, but this palette does satisfy my craving for chocolate!

Which will you be purchasing? Chocolate Bar or Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar?
 photo withlove_zpsa29dab2d.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, pretty! I have and looove the original, so was definitely curious about this one. Thanks so much for the swatches! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the original and I love it, so I plan on getting this one too! I love the warm browns and the fact that it has a matte black!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments! So please feel free to leave me one. Thanks for stopping by my blog <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...