Monday, June 9, 2014

Mani Monday: Sephora by OPI Gel French Manicure Kit

 I've always loved a good french manicure, but it does get expensive at the salon. So, I gave up doing them there. I tried them at home, and although they came out good, they weren't perfect. So again, I gave up on french manicures altogether, until recently. The other day, I stopped by Sephora to see what was new, and I found that they brought back Sephora by OPI but in gel polish! Lately, gel polish has been my go-to and new obsession. 
This kit is available at Sephora and sephora.com for $29. It includes two gel polishes, a think brush, nail designs, and instructions. You do need an LED/UV lamp and a gel base coat and gel top coat to use this kit. 
The two polishes included are "White Hot" and "A True Romantic". Sephora by OPI White Hot is an opaque white used for the nail tip. Sephora by OPI A True Romantic is a sheer light pink that is used as the base. 

I didn't use any of the nail design jewels provided, as I'm not a fan of those, but I did use the brush, and I have got to say that this french manicure was the easiest french I have ever done! The brush has skinny bristles and fits perfectly onto the "white tips" of your nails. Since the gel doesn't "dry" and only cures under the light, you have plenty of time to fix any mistakes. One thing I noticed was that the white polish seemed a bit liquidy when used with the provided nail art brush. I made plenty of mistakes, and the brush helped me so much.
The good thing about gel is that it will last a while, and if I want too, I can apply normal nail polish on top of this and it won't ruin it. 

I definitely recommend this kit! If you get a chance, go ahead and check it out.
 photo withlove_zpsa29dab2d.jpg

2 comments:

I enjoy reading your comments! So please feel free to leave me one. Thanks for stopping by my blog <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...