Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Clinique Acne Solutions

Clinique Acne Solutions Clear Skin System is a 3-step skincare system to treat and prevent acne. It claims to reduce active blemishes after two weeks of using the products.

L-R: Cleansing Foam, Clarifying Lotion, Clearing Moisturizer

Three Steps:
  1. Acne Solutions Cleansing Foam, $19.50.
  2. Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion, $15.00.
  3. Acne Solutions Clearing Moisturizer, $19.50
The Acne Solutions Cleansing Foam and the Clarifying Lotion both have salicylic acid, whereas the Clearing Moisturizer has benzoyl peroxide. The system recommends that the 3-steps should be used twice a day. 

I started off with doing the 3-steps twice a day, but my face began to peel and was red. So I limited the Acne Solutions Clearing Moisturizer to once a day, before bed time only. The first two weeks, my skin did clear up a bit by shrinking the size of my active breakouts, but after that, my face went back to normal. I still got a few pimples a week and it was bothering me because nothing was changing. All I got was dry skin. I also learned that the Clarifying Lotion has alcohol in its top ingredients, which caused my face to look dry, leathery, and unhealthy. 

I think this system would work great for someone who gets breakouts from clogged pores, by not removing all makeup, or getting dirt in their pores which cause bacteria to have a feast. It did not work great for me because my acne is mostly hormonal, so not much can be done. However, once the pimples surface, the system did an alright job in treating my pimples. 

Will I repurchase? No, because I will try less harsh products for my skin, that will work best for me. 

***Side note: This product may work for most people, but for me, it did not really do as it claimed. Its not a bad product, but just not best on my skin. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments! So please feel free to leave me one. Thanks for stopping by my blog <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...