Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Orange Sunshine | Wearable Lipsticks

 Hello lovelies! I know its towards the end of the summer, as school is about to start back in session, but I wanted to show you some orange lippies I have been enjoying.
It's very difficult to pull off an orange lip, but I've noticed that these "orange hued" lippies are very wearable. 
Natural light
L-R: Revlon Lip butter in Juicy Papaya, Tarte Lipsurgence in Joy, and Maybelline Color Whisper in Orange Attitude 

Indoor lighting
Revlon Lip Butter in Juicy Papaya
I just love Revlon's lip butters. I've collected several over the years and they provide great moisture for a few hours of color. I would say this color is mostly a peachy/red toned sheer orange.
Tarte Lipsurgence in Joy
I absolutely love Tarte's lipsurgence lippies. They are on the pricier side, but they are great. They give great moisture, smell minty and feel tingly on the lips, and some have good tinting abilities throughout the day. Unfortunately, I can't find Joy anywhere, probably because it is not being made any more. I still have quite a bit left, but I need to find a replacement when it runs out. Joy has medium coverage, and although looks orange in the tube, once applied, it becomes a bit more pink toned.
Maybelline Color Whispers in Orange Attitude
(Enter this lip whispey) I had always wanted to try the Color Whispers, but never did until recently. This shade stood out to me. When I brought it home and tried it on, I noticed it was very similar to something I already had. Turns out, it is slightly more opaque and more pink toned then Tarte Lipsurgence in Joy! The wearability is pretty similar to the Revlon Lip butters and I feel about the same moisture.

 photo withlove_zpsa29dab2d.jpg

2 comments:

  1. I NEED juicy papaya! I've been avoided oranges for my lips for years but now I've realized that it's time to try an orange shade soon and I think a sheer one like revlon's will be a good start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice picks! I love orange lips, but I know they can be intimidating for some. Juicy Papaya is one of my faves :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments! So please feel free to leave me one. Thanks for stopping by my blog <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...