Friday, April 18, 2014

Maybelline Illegal Length Fiber Extensions Mascara

Have you ever tried a mascara that claimed to be lengthening but didn't quite deliver? Well that's how I have been feeling lately with mascaras. It seems like every time I want to try something from the drugstore, there are many misses. I want to find a hit! 

I told myself that I want to have only a few mascaras, a good volumizing mascara, a good lengthening mascara and of course a waterproof one for days at the water. I already found my favorite volumizing mascara, and have a good waterproof one. Now I'm looking for a lengthening mascara. Have I found it with the Maybelline Illegal Length Fiber Extensions mascara? Keep reading to find out!

Maybelline Illegal Length Fiber Extensions is a lengthening mascara that uses fibers to create 4mm of extra length to lashes. It is found at drugstores from $5-8, depending where you go. I got mine at Walmart for $6-7. 

The formula is on the drier side, which is both good and bad. Good because it won't smear if you sneeze (like often happens to me), but bad because it will dry more quickly, which can result in clumpy lashes if you wait too long in between coats to apply.

The brush has natural bristles, which I prefer in a mascara. The wand is very long and thin and the shape makes it easier to lengthen the lashes. You can slightly see the very thin fibers that eventually get onto your lashes.

Bare lashes
Two coats
For best results, work on one eye at a time. Apply the first coat, then immediately apply the second coat. Next, move on to the other eye and repeat.

I also included a "far away" picture so you can really see what they look like from a distance. Anything can be made to look longer up close.

Overall Thoughts? I really like this mascara! With just two coats, (which is all I have time for honestly) I get longer lashes! Since it isn't marketed as a "volumizing" mascara, I didn't expect much from it,  but this does give me some volume surprisingly! I would definitely purchase this again!

To see it in action, watch the video below!

 photo withlove_zpsa29dab2d.jpg

12 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about lengthening mascaras that just don't deliver. This one looks great though! Your lashes look so fab.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy they do! Finally an affordable mascara!

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, this looks amazing on your naturally long lashes! This definitely has lengthened then very well! I've seen this in stores but I already have a holy grail mascara so i rarely buy new mascaras but this looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My lashes aren't that long, but they aren't short either =) What is your holy grail mascara?

      Delete
  3. It look amazing on you! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I love fiber mascaras. Do you remember the Bourjois one? They used to sell it in Sephora...ages ago, and you could get a false lash effect with it. I loved that stuff. This sounds like it might be similar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my first fiber mascara and so far so good! Sephora use to sell Bourjois?! That must have been a while ago, before I was into makeup!

      Delete
  5. Sounds very interesting. Great review and photos sweets. I will try this mascara soon
    http://naturelbellefemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments! So please feel free to leave me one. Thanks for stopping by my blog <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...